Call for Workshop Proposals
Workshops Chairs: Imari Sato (NII) and Bohyung Han (Seoul National University)
Proposal Deadline: Jun 5th, 2020 [11:59 pm, JST]
Notification by: July 3rd, 2020
We solicit proposals for workshops to be held together with the 2020 Asian Conference on Computer Vision (ACCV 2020). The workshops will take place on December 3rd and 4th after the main conference. The purpose of workshops is to provide a comprehensive forum on the topics that will not be fully explored during the main conference and to encourage in-depth discussion of technical and application issues. The ACCV 2020 organizers will collect workshop registrations, provide facilities, and distribute workshop proceedings.
Due to space and time limitations, as well as to encourage diversity of topic coverage, we will only be able to retain a limited number of proposals. Therefore, we encourage the workshop organizers to submit proposals that are specific and detailed in justifying relevance and viability.
Proposals should be submitted in PDF format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, June 5th, 2020 [11.59 pm JST]. When preparing a proposal, please note that ACCV 2020 author notification is on September 18th, 2020.
The proposals should include the following information:
- Workshop title.
- Topics that will be covered, with descriptions of why they are relevant.
- Description of how this proposal relates to the workshops at previous ACCV and CVPR/ICCV/ECCV etc. (be as specific as possible).
Organizers and Speakers
- Organizers’ names, titles and affiliations, with one, potentially two, contact emails of reliably responsive people.
- Background and experience that makes the proposers well suited for organizing the workshop, including brief biographies.
- In case this event is part of a workshop series, please provide URLs to the web pages of relevant past events and/or any other relevant information.
- List of invited speakers. Please list only speakers that confirmed or tentatively confirmed their attendance. For each speaker, please indicate if confirmation is tentative or final.
- Preference for half-day or full-day event. (Note that your workshop may be accepted as a half-day event due to space limitation regardless of your request in proposal.)
- Tentative program committee.
- Please indicate one of the following options describing the nature of your event:
- Workshop is primarily an invited speaker event
- Workshop is primarily a peer-reviewed paper event (orals/posters)
- Workshop will have a roughly even split between invited speakers and peer-reviewed papers
- Please also indicate if you plan to run a competition with your workshop.
- If relevant, please provide a paper review timeline.
- If the workshop includes peer-reviewed papers, will these papers be published in proceedings? (If the answer is yes, you may need to follow the publication schedule of the main conference.)
- If posters are considered, how many are expected? Note that the conference may limit the number of posters based on available space.
- Special space or equipment requests, if any.
- After acceptance, workshops will be required to prepare their own websites, separate from the ACCV 2020 webpage. These pages will include workshop details, organizers, dates, submission instructions and, once finalized, the workshop program.
- Accepted workshops must provide their program material using a conference googles-sheet for producing program/app information.
- Workshop proposal deadline: June 5th, 2020
- Notification to workshop organizers: July 3rd, 2020
- You may have to consider the following schedule if the papers in your workshop are to be published officially on the ACCV 2020 workshop proceeding.
- Notification for ACCV 2020 main conference papers: September 18th, 2020
- Workshop camera-ready copies due: mid-October (exact date will be announced soon)
For any questions, please contact the workshop chairs, Imari Sato and Bohyung Han, at email@example.com.